Do you want to win a brilliant, bumper bag of book goodies?
How about an awesome author SKYPE call for your school?
We will soon be opening for submissions to archive your diaries on the Our Corona Diary website and we want your pictures to be a part of the finished design.
We're looking for three images to illustrate each of our age categories:
Early years to 7 (EY)
8 -12 (MG)
Teens to young adults. (YA)
The winning design for each age group will be used as the banner image for its category on our archive.
The artist will win a bundle of books for him or herself, as well as a Skype visit for their school from one of our authors!
Use whatever materials you have to create an image that reflects your Our Corona Diary.
You might be inspired by one, or all, of our themes:
Or use an image that sums up your experiences of lockdown.
You can use any materials that you want but your design needs to fit in a 2-dimensional rectangle 976 x 405 px which is roughly 258mm x 107mm - It can be bigger than these dimensions as long as it keeps to the size ratio so that we can shrink it to fit.
For the rest of the rules, see below!
Kathryn, Candy, Addy, Matt & Jo
1. A bag of books and book-related goodies for the winning entry in the three age categories. The book bags will comprise signed & unsigned books from loads of generous authors as well as book goodies like badges and bookmarks.
2. A SKYPE school, library or bookshop visit in one of the three age categories from your Our Corona Diary team authors - Kathryn Evans, Candy Gourlay or Addy Farmer.
1. One entry per person.
2. Only under 18's are eligible.
3. Competition entries are by email only. A responsible adult must send a high-quality image to email@example.com with permission to use that image on our website.
4. Head your email BANNER COMPETITION and the age range entered for. ( EY, MG OR YA) The body of the email must include the first name, initials or nickname of the child plus their age and permission to use the image.
5. Teachers submitting for a class please save your entries to one file saved under the name of your school and EY, MG or YA and submit via Wetransfer or Dropbox ensuring we can identify individual images by name and age.
6. The design must fit in a rectangle 976 x 405 px which is roughly 258mm x 107mm
7. The competition opens on 9th JUNE 2020 and the deadline for entries is MIDNIGHT 26TH JUNE 2020
8. We will announce the winning entries on 3rd JULY 2020 by email, IG and Twitter
9. We will contact the winning entrants and their schools to arrange their author SKYPE visit.
10. ANY QUESTIONS please email firstname.lastname@example.org